1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies, flash cookies, pixel tags and other tracking tools (collectively, “Cookies”) are small data files downloaded onto your computer and other devices used, when you visit a website. Your computer stores it in a file located inside your web browser. Cookies do not transfer viruses or malware to your computer, because the data in a cookie does not change when it travels back and forth – it has no way to affect how your computer runs. Instead, Cookies act more like logs (i.e. recording user activity and remembering stateful information) and get updated every time you visit a website.
Here are some of the functions our Cookies provide us with:
- verifying your identity and detecting the country you are currently visiting from;
- checking browser type and device; and
- tracking which website you are referred from.
Please note that any information collected and stored by our partners and service providers through third party cookies is governed by their cookie policies, and we encourage you to read them.
3. THE TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
- Strictly Necessary Cookies These Cookies are essential for the running of the Site, as without these Cookies the Site would not function properly.
- Functional Cookies These Cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make and provide enhanced and personalised features. For example, a functional cookie can remember your preferences e.g. country or language selection.
- Analytical Cookies These Cookies collect information about your online activity. For example, an analytical cookie will collect information about which pages you go to most often and how much time you spend on those pages. This information allows us to analyse patterns of visitor and customer behaviour and we use that information to enhance the overall experience or identify areas of the Site which may require maintenance. The information is anonymous (i.e. it cannot be used to identify you and does not contain personal information such as your name and email address). Behavioural cookies are similar to analytical cookies and remember that you have visited the Site and use that information to provide you with content which is tailored to your interests.
The Site uses two types of Cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are stored temporarily on your device while you browse the Site and are deleted from your device when you finish browsing. Persistent cookies remain on your browsing device after you have finished browsing the Site so that we can remember your preferences when you visit the Site in the future. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device until they expire or are deleted.
4. HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES
You can delete Cookies any time by using the settings in your web browser. You can also choose to disable Cookies from your web browser, but this would mean that the Site and other websites that you access may not function properly. Further information on deleting or managing Cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
5. QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS